My corner of the Internet

Loading...

Popular Posts

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

There is a plan


I am not an easily offended person.
Coming from a public school system, and countless debate tournaments I can tell you with utmost certainty that I am able to tolerate any ridiculous opinion with very minimum sarcastic comments. But when someone you respect, someone of influence; appears to be using that influence light heartily, or wrongly; it stirs something deep in my soul. The blog by Donald Miller, “Does God have a specific plan for your life? Probably not,” is not only completely wrong. It’s irritatingly so. How does the Creator of The Universe, not have a plan for each of us? God has gone to the trouble of numbering the hairs on your head but according to Don Miller He has no plan for your life? (Luke 12:7) Let me remind you this is a man whose books I’ve read and whose opinion has always been well respected in my eyes, perhaps this is the reason why it stings so much.
For me, God is in everything I do. He works out with me, He comforts me, protects me, all day long. It’s me and Him. At 18 years old, looking back I can see God’s hand orchestrating my life. The problem with the world is not that people think God has a plan for their lives. It’s that they don’t. People stumble through life with no real shape, no real morals, no real anything. And why should they?? If they truly believe their life has no purpose, that they aren’t supported and guided by our Heavenly Father? Well I am here to tell you that God DOES have a plan for you. He LOVES you and He cares about you beyond measurement. Your actions do matter. Take care of yourself; exercise, eat right, speak with compassion and understanding. Choose your words carefully , think thought and take actions deliberately. Do not become idle, or numb to right/wrong. Because YOU MATTER. Your actions, thoughts, words, all of them matter. You were placed on this earth with a purpose. Even if that purpose is to be a light in this dark world, be a great friend or taking care of your children. You may not be able to see why or God’s specific plan but you aren’t supposed to! He is the Creator of all that is and all that ever will be. You aren’t supposed to know right now. And that’s okay. It’s kind of what daddy’s are for, they guide us and protect us from the wicked in the world and don’t concern us with things that we don’t need to worry about.
It’s my opinion that Don Miller is wrong. But what does the Creator of Knowledge, the Creator of Wisdom have to say about this? (Proverbs 1)
In Esther 4:13-14 After the decree to kill the Jews was given, Mordecai and Esther could have hidden and saved only themselves, or just waited for Gods intervention. Instead, they saw that God had placed them in their positions for a purpose, so they seized the moment and acted. God may have placed YOU exactly where you are for a purpose too. We don’t have to be living in biblical times to have purpose. In fact, in today’s wicked dark world there is even more purpose to be found than back then. Go find why God has put you where you are! Find your purpose today!
2 Thessalonians 1:11 says that our “calling” from God, as Christians, is to become like Christ (Romans 8:29) This is a lifelong process. In this world we are called to be the light. To bring those that are lost to Christ. To save them, ultimately from damnation. If that’s not purpose then I don’t know what is. Christ came and died for our sins, He suffered terrible tribulation. And now it’s our turns to take up the cross daily. (Luke 22) Die daily for Christ. If you are living the life that God meant for you, if you are doing these things everyday before your feet hit the floor than you will suffer greatly as Christ did too. The devil will be after you, the people that are living in darkness will become angry by the blinding light you shine on them. And the thing is, it’s really not all that hard to live this way. You know right and wrong. You have God’s words. Take them for face value and live them to the best of your ability.
 For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do (Ephesians 2:1).
Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth—everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made (Isaiah 43:6-7)
Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man’s gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully (Romans 12:4-8).
Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (This right before Israel went into exile and went through a horrible time of bleakness)
Proverbs 19:21 Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.
Proverbs 16:9 We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps.


2 comments:

  1. TORI!!!! YOU MAKE YOUR MOMMA SO PROUD!! YOU ARE A GIFT (….AND I KNOW THAT IS LITERALLY THE TRUTH in a way that reveals HIS INCREDIBLE LOVE FOR HER and your IMMEASURABLE ROLE upon this earth :)
    What mother could ask for more than to have her daughter hear from someone who has many words spoken correctly and a heart so wrong and have enough spiritual discernment and unrest that you just had to release it for a purpose greater than you may EVER know!
    Keep planting those seeds little sister…your garden is growing WITH NO GMOs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merily, Tori and I cried together when we read these words. There was a time when my friends dropped away like flies. God must have been purging the toxins in my life. Next, He gave me you.... and in turn, my children were blessed with not only a beautiful example of friendship but an example of a strong woman of purpose who is unyielding in the face of the impossible. You are a modern day Esther and I am so honored to hold you up as an example to my precious daughter. Thank you for loving us and encouraging her as she tests her wings. YOU are a part of this family forever... and I am blessed beyond measure to call you my friend and sister.

    ReplyDelete